Montenegro trip 2012

Croatia, BiH, Serbia, Macedonia, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro, Greece including ALL islands

Re: Montenegro trip 2012

Postby Liam Russell » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:17 pm

Just to set your minds at rest...
Kid is the English word for a young goat - the goat equivalent of a lamb... :roll:
Liam Russell

Hometown: Frome

Postby Paul Lambourne » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:57 pm

Jürgen Gebhart wrote:Jürgen Gebhart wrote:
How can you say that this is herping heaven, when you have been in Israel?

Jurgen,

I would say Montenegro remains the most heavanly place in Europe for the traveling herper, whlist Israel is the most heavenly place in the Western Palearctic.. Its like being married and having a mistress...Im guessing.. :D

As for the Bobby knocking.. in his defence can I state for the record that he is proffessionally tall, is no stranger to some jaunty head gear action, and most importantly has a splendid taste in bangin tunes....... :D

Cheers Paul
Paul Lambourne

Hometown: London

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:31 pm

Rok Grzelj wrote:Sorry if I interrupt your very productive debate(about kids,goats and boks) with the pathetic statment "very nice report Bobby...congrats" :) :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Hometown: Merelbeke

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Paul Lambourne wrote:Its like being married and having a mistress...Im guessing.. :D

You should discuss that with a rabbi, next time ;)
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Liam Russell wrote:Just to set your minds at rest...
Kid is the English word for a young goat - the goat equivalent of a lamb... :roll:

He, damn, Liam, why spoil our kid party? ;)
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:48 pm

Bobby Bok wrote:
Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:About that orange stuff on the oxycephala's throat - does anyone know if this is some sort of mite? I know about the Geckobia sp., but that's it.

Especially the D. montenegrina's were really infested with these red/orange mites.

Peter, as my favourite lacertid lover, I call on you! Do you know more about this? One or more species?

In a related note, I always wondered if the ticks on reptiles are different species or not from those that bite us. In Sardinia, I once found a bunch of those ticks that look like the ones you can find often on the hind leg parts of Testudo spp., but they didn't seem to bite me (yet)... As far as "our" species go, I am living under the idea that this is always and only Ixodes ricinus. Is this correct???
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Postby Peter Oefinger » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Liam Russell wrote:As for the Bobby knocking.. in his defence can I state for the record that he is proffessionally tall, is no stranger to some jaunty head gear action, and most importantly has a splendid taste in bangin tunes....... :D

Yesss: We had some great banging tunes in the car until the f***ing CD-player has eaten Bobby's records.

@Jeroen: got me! I have no idea about the mites. But the montenegrinas indeed had some ugly colonies living on them:
montenegrina6.jpg

montenegrina7.jpg

The ticks on lizards are as far as I know the same which bite mammals (and humans).I remember there has been some research that FSME cannot reproduce in lizards. Hence: if a tick bites a lizard it is some kind of one-way for the FSME...
Peter Oefinger

Hometown: Duesseldorf

Postby Bobby Bok » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:37 pm

Rok Grzelj wrote:Sorry if I interrupt your very productive debate(about kids,goats and boks) with the pathetic statment "very nice report Bobby...congrats" :) :D

Paul Lambourne wrote:As for the Bobby knocking.. in his defence can I state for the record that he is proffessionally tall, is no stranger to some jaunty head gear action, and most importantly has a splendid taste in bangin tunes....... :D

Finally some appreciation for me, my last name, my profound love for children and my last herping adventure!

Peter Oefinger wrote:Yesss: We had some great banging tunes in the car until the f***ing CD-player has eaten Bobby's records.

But listening to some Montenegrin equivalents of Dolly Parton was uttermost delightful as well.
Bobby Bok

Hometown: Heemskerk

Postby Bobby Bok » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:01 pm

Bobby Bok wrote:
Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and break a forum rule by handing out some coordinates - fantastic and cheap restaurant at N 42 14 11.5 E 19 02 38.5. The backyard is known as a fantastic spot for Vipera ursinii, V. berus bosniensis and Bradypus tridactylus.

We've been there but only found Phascolarctos cinereus and Ailuropoda melanoleuca :(

Some proof:

Bobby Bok

Hometown: Heemskerk

Postby Peter Oefinger » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Peter Oefinger

Hometown: Duesseldorf

PreviousNext

Return to Balkan peninsula