Skyros tripreport October 2015

Croatia, BiH, Serbia, Macedonia, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro, Greece including ALL islands

Re: Skyros tripreport October 2015

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:44 am

BTW, it's cool that you guys found situla. With a species that's not that easy to turn up, I always wonder if the numerous island records are true. Back when we were on Skyros, it made me wonder if the species is really around, but you can only confirm, not reject its presence ;) BTW, Lacerta viridis is also mentioned for Skyros, for which I would dare to guess with more confidence that it's not there.
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Hometown: Merelbeke

Postby Bobby Bok » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:12 pm

Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:
Bobby Bok wrote:
Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:Bob, what makes you say marginata and 4lineata would be rare in Skyros?

Well, that is a thought that crossed my mind maybe but where do you see its written?

Apologies, buddy, I confused with something Sjoerd wrote on FB.

Still think that might be true though ;) I don't believe both species are particularly abundant, densities are probably at least lower on an island where suitable habitat is not amply available. Hard to tell though without any numbers...

Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:Back when we were on Skyros, it made me wonder if the species is really around, but you can only confirm, not reject its presence ;)

Something we wondered about quatuorlineata :lol:
Bobby Bok

Hometown: Heemskerk

Postby Paul Lambourne » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:34 am

As both Bobby and Sjeord have posted reports on our little jaunt to Skyros, I will just post a few pics..

Huge thanks to the chaps for their excellent company, knowledge and enthusiasm.. I cant recall having spent so much time naked in the company of Europeans..

183 copy.jpg

136.JPG

085 copy.jpg

121 copy.jpg

079 copy.jpg

072 copy.jpg

057 copy.jpg

152 copy.jpg

045 copy.jpg

039 copy.jpg
Paul Lambourne

Hometown: London