Another hello from Germany

The admin would like to ask all our members to give a short introduction of themselves here - also please include a picture of yourself, so we will recognize you in the field.

Re: Another hello from Germany

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:40 pm

Berislav Horvatic wrote:
Jeroen Speybroeck wrote:In July 2002, I found my first ammodytes ever in July in that area. We drove
inland into that massive dark green patch you can see on GE north of Senj...

Jeroen, could you please define this "massive dark green patch ... north of Senj" a little
bit more precisely? Depending on the scale you have in mind, it could be just anything...

I can but I will not, at least not on the forum. PM coming up, Bero. Let's just say no further than 30km N of Senj.
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Hometown: Merelbeke

Postby Marc Prokein » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Thank you all for your informations.
I should tell you that I´ll drive there with my car, so it should be also possible to reach some nice places a bit away from Senj.
For me it´s hard to imagine what the countryside will be like, GE shows a lot but it´s always different when you arrive there.

I´ll continue my research about the different species living in this Region and maybe later on there will be some more specific questions before my trip starts.

greets Marc
Marc Prokein

Hometown: Oberhausen

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:36 pm

Marc Prokein wrote:Our flat during this two weeks will be in Senj, close to the coast.

Well, if you are going to spend two weeks with a base in Senj, then I might have
a task/challenge for you. Half an hour's drive from Senj into the hinterland there
is a place that should be the southeasternmost tip of the areal of V. berus berus,
not only locally, but regarding Europe. There have been only two reports in literature,
both a century or so old, both from reliable sources. As yet we have failed to confirm
them, but we haven't been too diligent either... So, here's your chance.
Details in due time.
Good luck.
Berislav Horvatic

Hometown: Zagreb

Previous

Return to Introduce yourself