A Dane Herping Southeast Asia

The admin would like to ask all our members to give a short introduction of themselves here - also please include a picture of yourself, so we will recognize you in the field.

A Dane Herping Southeast Asia

Postby Kim Jespersen » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Hello all,

I am a 35yrs old man from Denmark. Professionally I am a translator and teacher - and ocassionally I have some project work in Indonesia and Malaysia. I also have a small extra job as a tour guide on culture and nature based tours to Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia. I can also arrange specific purpose tours, location management for films etc in the region, PM me if interested. When I was younger I was keeping daygeckoes and anoles at home, as a grew older I found myself alienated to the "keeping" of animals, and stopped keeping and started going into the field instead. This has taken me into various regions of Southeast Asia, and I even managed to work with conservation of turtles, Orangutans, and many other animals in Indonesia. Now I always try to spend some time Herping while in Asia, I do not get much time, but usually I have a few nights available to venture into the local forest equipped with a head lamp and camera searching for frogs, snakes, and lizards. I have not had much luck with snakes, hopefully they will be more abundant on future trips. I have a 12 days round trip to Sabah in Malaysia comming up - I might come home with a few new species on the memory card...fingers crossed

Happy Herping to all of you....
Kim Jespersen

Hometown: Copenhagen

Re: A Dane Herping Southeast Asia

Postby Jeroen Speybroeck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:38 pm

Welcome!!!
Jeroen Speybroeck
Site Admin

Hometown: Merelbeke

Re: A Dane Herping Southeast Asia

Postby Guillaume Gomard » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Welcome and good luck for your next trip ;)
Guillaume Gomard

Hometown: Strasbourg

Return to Introduce yourself