Hello from Germany

The admin would like to ask all our members to give a short introduction of themselves here - also please include a picture of yourself, so we will recognize you in the field.

Hello from Germany

Postby Lucas Schmeißing » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:53 am

Hi,
I'm already reading here for a while, so now I will inroduce me.
My name is Lucas, I live in small town near to Kassel, in the beautiful Northern Hesse.
My main interests are in reptiles and amphibians from Europe and North America. I think that I inherited this fascination from my father.
I also keep and breed snakes of these two continents: Elaphe dione, Natrix, Nerodia rh. rhombifer, Coronella a. austriaca and Thamnophis. Don't worry, all were bred in captivity ;).
Since a few weeks ago i got my new camera, and I hope that I can show you some pictures next year. But now I'm feeling sad because I can't go herping - it's winter :(.

Excuse me for my English, I'm not the best in it ;).

Best Regards,
Lucas
Lucas Schmeißing

Hometown: Hesse

Re: Hello from Germany

Postby Ilian Velikov » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Welcome!
Ilian Velikov

Hometown: Pravets

Postby Matthijs Hollanders » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:01 pm

I think you might be the first person I've ever heard of keeping/breeding rhombifer. Welcome!
Matthijs Hollanders

Hometown: Wageningen

Postby Lucas Schmeißing » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:39 pm

Matthijs Hollanders wrote:I think you might be the first person I've ever heard of keeping/breeding rhombifer.

There are not so much keepers in Europe, about 3 or 4 peoples in EU breeds them.
Michael Glass wrote:The last time I saw you, Lucas, you have been 7 years old. Funny coincidence.

Wow, I don't remember that :). Where was that?

Regards,
Lucas
Lucas Schmeißing

Hometown: Hesse

Return to Introduce yourself