Hello from Czech

The admin would like to ask all our members to give a short introduction of themselves here - also please include a picture of yourself, so we will recognize you in the field.

Hello from Czech

Postby Martin Ertner » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:29 am

Hi my name is Martin and I'm from the Giant mountains in Czech republic.
At first please excuse me for my english. I'm 20 years old and I'm interested in animals since I can remember. As time went by I focused on reptiles and amphibitans. I have had snakes and lizards (Lampropeltis triangulum, Elaphe guttata, Chamaeleo calyptratus etc.)
Nowadays I am interested in native reptiles and amphibitans and Viperidae snakes around the world. I love photographing of flowers and animals.
I hope that I learn many new things from more experienced herpetologists in this website.
Thanks for confirmation!
Attachments
IMG_9070.jpg
Bufo bufo near my house
IMG_8602.jpg
Rana temporaria next to my house
IMG_3769.jpg
Vipera berus from Czech-Polish border
Martin Ertner

Hometown: Zacler

Re: Hello from Czech

Postby Mario Schweiger » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:50 pm

Hello Martin,

welcome here ;)
and these are realy nice pictures! We hope to see more soon.
And dont hesitate to ask, if you want to know something :lol:
I love the Krkonose mountains.
Have been near Jestrabi and found Rana temporaria, Zootoca vivipara, very blue Anguis fragilis, Natrix natrix and Vipera berus there.
Mario (Admin)

Please visit also my personal Herp-site vipersgarden.at
Mario Schweiger
Site Admin

Hometown: Obertrum

Postby Martin Ertner » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:12 pm

Thank you. I'm glad that you liked my photos.
Yes around the Jestrabi is a nice nature but I'm from eastern Krkonoše mountains called "Rýchory" (previously called Rehorn /from German language/). There live form snakes - Vipera berus and Natrix natrix and from lizards Zootoca vivipara, Lacerta agilis and Anguis fragilis.
Martin Ertner

Postby Kevin Esser » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:47 pm

Welcome on board! :-)

Very nice pictures!
Hope to see more soon.
Kevin Esser

Hometown: Wiesbaden

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:02 pm

Martin Ertner wrote: There live form snakes - Vipera berus and Natrix natrix and from lizards Zootoca vivipara, Lacerta agilis and Anguis fragilis.

Not a provocation, and really no "nitpicking" from me (this time!), I'd just like to understand what "form snakes" are
supposed to mean... Quite obviously not "four (species of) snakes", if it comes only to Vipera berus and Natrix natrix,
but then - what?!
Berislav Horvatic

Hometown: Zagreb

Postby Martin Ertner » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:46 pm

Thank you Kevin.
Berislav - so sorry! there should be written "from snakes" (I thought "From snake species living here"). It was typing error from me ;)
And don't worry I don't take it like "nitpicking".. :)
Martin Ertner

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:50 pm

Martin Ertner wrote:Berislav - so sorry! there should be written "from snakes" (I thought "From snake species living here").
It was typing error from me ;) And don't worry I don't take it like "nitpicking".. :)

You actually meant "OF the snake species living there..." - or what? Please, don't trust the "Google translate",
or any modern gadget like that, as they produce quite a funny mess almost all the time...
(Sincerely sorry about this indeed, but I'm just too old and - almost consequently - too lazy for having enough
nerves to disentangle myself (i.e., by my own efforts) the real meanings of "Google translate" translations...
No, thank you, please give yourself the trouble...)

@ Jeroen: If you happen to read this, please don't respond... I'd appreciate that very much indeed. Thank you.
Berislav Horvatic

Postby Martin Ertner » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:20 pm

Yes I mean "of the snake species living there"..
Ok I'm going to use only my english.
Thanks for your comments.
Martin Ertner

Postby Berislav Horvatic » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:46 pm

Martin Ertner wrote:Yes I mean "of the snake species living there"... Ok I'm going to use only my english.
Thanks for your comments.

A rather cold answer, but I've deserved it... Please excuse me, maybe I was simply
too harsh on someone who has just joined the "club", which isn't fair indeed, I own.
Well, just use any understandable English, whether "good" or "bad", if you want your
message to get through, that's all. (And, once again, trust your own English rather
than "Google translate" and alike... One may use them for a start, but a human sense
of language (as such - any language) is still stronger than any machine's, believe me.)
Berislav Horvatic

Postby Martti Niskanen » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:44 am

Welcome, Martin, and nice introductory photos. Especially the amphibians. Please don't apologise for your English if it's not your native language.

Berislav: Don't know you personally, in which case the subtleties of written language might occasionally go amiss, but maybe you were a bit harsh again. It's an international forum and hardly any of us are native English-speakers. This is an active and friendly forum with lots of information, so surely smart introductions and joining of new forum members should be encouraged.
Martti Niskanen

Hometown: Jyvaskyla

Next

Return to Introduce yourself