This is the place to be

The admin would like to ask all our members to give a short introduction of themselves here - also please include a picture of yourself, so we will recognize you in the field.

This is the place to be

Postby Vlad Cioflec » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:45 am

Finally the Fieldherper`s Cafe is open ! :D

I bet we`ll have loads of fun with this board.

But first, i`ll follow Mario`s example and tell you a bit about myself.

All my life i`ve been passionate about fieldherping, though i did not know until a few years back that searching for herps all the time (and not caring about much else) is called herping. ;)

Like most of the fieldherpers out there, i`ve kept a few animals over the years, mostly snakes and terrapins rescued from the mean neighborhood kids.

I`ve studied biology,i am involved with herpetological research, but i get my paycheck working as a safety consultant. ;). But i don`t complain.

Anyway, i can onestly say that i am just obsessed with fieldherping. It is defenitely more than a hobby, it really is the center of my life. ;)

The wife is now passionate about herping and birding as well ;) . Here`s a pic of the other members of our family that illustrate the love for fieldherping: the cat named Emys and my Snakehook , affectionately called Stick. :lol:

Fieldstick....JPG

Happy herping!
Vlad Cioflec

Hometown: Bucharest

Re: This is the place to be

Postby Mario Schweiger » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:10 am

Hello Vlad,

what´s upon a pic of You?
So we all will know you, when we will meet you in the field (somewhere, sometimes)?

Mario
Mario (Admin)

Please visit also my personal Herp-site vipersgarden.at
Mario Schweiger
Site Admin

Hometown: Obertrum

Re: This is the place to be

Postby Vlad Cioflec » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:01 am

I had too search quite a bit to find a good photo of myself, and this couple of years old shot is the best i could come up with.
In most of my photos i look either angry, sleepy or ... well, like a moron. :lol: But it`s because i have this darn photophobia. :roll:

So if you`ll ever see a happy go lucky guy flipping boards and stones while acting like kid on Christmas, that`s me. :D

Numai zambet.JPG

Happy herping!
Vlad Cioflec

Hometown: Bucharest

Return to Introduce yourself