Hello

The admin would like to ask all our members to give a short introduction of themselves here - also please include a picture of yourself, so we will recognize you in the field.

Hello

Postby Paul Lambourne » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:01 pm

Hello,
IMG_0807 copy.jpg

A quick introduction, my name is Paul and I live with my girlfriend, in the village of Upnor, not far from London..

I am 40 years old plus VAT.

Since my birth in Singapore (military parents) I have been fascinated by reptiles and amphibians and have been very lucky to travel extensively, usually combining my two great passions, herping and climbing.

I am on the Commitee of KRAG, and I am a surveyor for the berus conservation project in Kent.

My aim, as is the case with most people on the forum, I guess, is to see every listed herp species for Europe.. I am about two thirds through the list :D My particular passion is vipera..

I am geniunely inspired by the knowledge, enthusiam and photographic ability displayed by the members of this forum.. Speaking as an old herper.. before the internet.. the community that Mario, HYLA, Jeroen et al, have created is a fabulous thing.. before trips were made with a handful of friends, and the info really stayed with them.. now so many can share the adventure, and information..

Mario, I must personally thankyou and your site for helping many dull night duties pass much more pleasantly :D

I wish everyone involved a great years herping in 2011... stand by to be bored with Berus pictures :D
Paul Lambourne

Hometown: London

Re: Hello

Postby Vlad Cioflec » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:09 am

Welcome to the forum Paul,

i`m sure you`ll feel right at home with us.

Vlad,
Standing by to be `bored` with viper pics. :D
Over and out!
Vlad Cioflec

Hometown: Bucharest

Postby Tomaz Jagar » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:01 am

Cheers mate, counting out days to departure eh? :D

Oh, and Erika's asking if you'll be helping her with BBC (big bitey colubrids) :D
Tomaz Jagar

Hometown: Zalec

Postby Paul Lambourne » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:13 pm

Tomaz,

I cant wait.. I have been boring Jen(my girlfriend) silly with pics of berus bosniensis, ursini and xanthina.. as far as Erika is concerned.. tell her I might pick up a fragilis, if its very old, cold and I have welders gloves on.. :D 44 days till the Slovenia return trip.. 54 days till the big trip... lots of berus spotting in my locale till then :D

I will be bringing big gloves with me, so no excuses for not finding loads of vipers :D

See you soon mate

Regards

Paul
Paul Lambourne

Hometown: London

Return to Introduce yourself