Hello from Arizona (USA)

The admin would like to ask all our members to give a short introduction of themselves here - also please include a picture of yourself, so we will recognize you in the field.

Hello from Arizona (USA)

Postby Brendan OConnor » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:53 pm

Hey all just wanted to say thanks for letting me on board. I know very little about European reptiles but after seeing some photos from various Facebook contacts I decided I should learn. I have lived and hunted reptiles in the western united states for the last eleven years. My main passion is pit vipers and specifically rattlesnakes. Although you guys don't have any I do notice that some of the vipers you do have look very much like our crotalids without the rattles. I look forward to learning as much as I can from all the great posts on here.
I know this is a European form so I will refrain from posting a bunch of rattlesnakes unless anyone has a specific interest I seeing them.

Brendan
Brendan OConnor

Hometown: Phoenix Arizona

Re: Hello from Arizona (USA)

Postby Ilian Velikov » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:06 pm

Welcome on board! :)

I know this is a European form so I will refrain from posting a bunch of rattlesnakes unless anyone has a specific interest I seeing them.

Bring it on!!! It might be a European forum but most of the people here would love to see the rattlers, and everything else you have in Arizona!
Ilian Velikov

Hometown: Pravets

Postby Peter Oefinger » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Welcome - there are already several people in this forum which like animals looking like sausages. But I hope you also have some interesting animals like lizards? ;)
Peter Oefinger

Hometown: Duesseldorf

Postby Brendan OConnor » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:24 pm

Thanks guys. I do photograph more than snakes so lizards should not be a problem. I'll put some stuff together once I am at an actual computer instead of my iPad.
Brendan OConnor

Postby Mario Schweiger » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Welcome Brendan ;)
Don´t mind, you are a "new world" one.
I´ve been to Florida, Georgia, N and S Carolina, as well as to Virgina for "hunting" herps together with my Palm Beach friend J. Rindfleish (yes, I know, sounds like a T-bone steak, but it´s his real name).
I will start a new Forum "abroad" now, for all you "foreign" guys, showing us pictures of Helodermas, Whiptails, Racers, Colortada toads, etc., and also Rattlers (or, like Peter salled it: "sausages").

Mario
Mario (Admin)

Please visit also my personal Herp-site vipersgarden.at
Mario Schweiger
Site Admin

Hometown: Obertrum

Postby Jürgen Gebhart » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:05 pm

Welcome Brandan!! You live in the state where my favorite rattlesnake occur (No Jeroen, not the fantastic looking Crotalus cerberus from Mt. lemmon, deep black with yellow markings) My all time favorite rattlesnake is Crotalus willardi willardi. I`m sure you have some pics of it!!! come on!!
Jürgen Gebhart

Hometown: Wiedergeltingen Bavaria

Postby Ilian Velikov » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:36 pm

I will start a new Forum "abroad" now, for all you "foreign" guys

Mario,that's a great idea, but now I htink that the "Abroad" forum and the "Vacations" forum overlap a bit! Maybe you can merge them into one "Aboroad/Foreign" forum where both people from Europe gone abroad, and foreigners can post their stuff!
Ilian Velikov

Hometown: Pravets

Postby Brendan OConnor » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:10 pm

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Let me know when the foreigner board is ready for posting. I'm sure I can entertain you with stuff from all over the US and Mexico.

I do have lots of willardi photos including the only photos of male willardi combat.
Brendan OConnor

Postby Gabriel Martínez » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi Brendan and welcome to the forum!

Brendan OConnor wrote:I'm sure I can entertain you with stuff from all over the US and Mexico.

Me too! We are going to enjoy a lot with Crotalus photos and another reptiles ("sausages" are the priority and the best, lizards are secundary ;) sorry Peter :lol: ).

Brendan OConnor wrote:I do have lots of willardi photos including the only photos of male willardi combat.

This sounds great!!! Jurgen please be quite, doesn´t be nervous! :lol:
Gabriel Martínez

Hometown: Madrid

Postby Jürgen Gebhart » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:07 am

If you are the one who post pics and reports at the Arizona fieldforum and at Kingsnake.com then we can expect tons of high quality pics!!!
I`m so excited!!!!!!!!!
Jürgen Gebhart

Hometown: Wiedergeltingen Bavaria

Next

Return to Introduce yourself