Hello from the Netherlands

The admin would like to ask all our members to give a short introduction of themselves here - also please include a picture of yourself, so we will recognize you in the field.

Hello from the Netherlands

Postby Sjuul Verhaegh » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:19 pm

Hello,

An introduction was asked, here you go :)

My name is Sjuul Verhaegh, 19 years old. Student Wildlifemanagement, also a classmate of Tim Leerschool (also a member here). I did some small research on the Moorfrog in a small area around the city Groningen and a research on inventory methods for amphibians for my intern ship.

My main interest are (venomous) snakes as terrarium hobby. I have a Red spotted pitviper (Protobothrops jerdonii xanthomelas) which by circumstances is not at my own place but at a experienced snake keeper. At my parents home I keep a pair of Gartersnakes (Thamnophis radix) in an outdoor enclosure.

Through my interest in snakes and reptiles I got in touch with field herping. Now a days you can find me in the field chasing down damselflies, dragonflies, butterflies and the herpetofauna (these groups have my main interest). And sometimes at night I try to chase some bats :mrgreen:

When I get the time I will place some pictures a made the last years. I added a picture of a stag-beetle (Lucanus cervus) and me.

Excuse me for my English, languages are not my strongest point :oops:

Greetings,

Sjuul
Sjuul Verhaegh

Hometown: Netherlands

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Postby Mario Schweiger » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:50 am

Hi Sjuul,

welcome here ;)

And thanks for your reports and pictures!
Its fine, you are not narrow minded in herps only, but have interest in insects and bats also :lol:

Mario
Mario (Admin)

Please visit also my personal Herp-site vipersgarden.at
Mario Schweiger
Site Admin

Hometown: Obertrum

Return to Introduce yourself