Report from Singapore

For your reports/images, made outside Europe and the "Mediterranean" countries. Not to be too narrow minded and limited to our European/Mediterranean herps.

Re: Report from Singapore

Postby Guillaume Blanchet » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:58 am

By defensive display you mean making its jowl bigger?

It is a whole body posture, the monitor tries to look bigger and keeps its ground... at that time, must be careful, not too close cos it can whip its tail. It is quite rare behaviour, usually they just flee....

Thanks for sharing! Such a cool find that Gerarda prevostiana! Such weird behaviour

Thanks Tim! yes, a rare finding... BTW, Cantoria violacea is the rarest of all... Never seen it personally.
I have more pics of my stay there, but mostly they are common things others have already often posted (from Malaysia). If I have some free time I will try to update some good shots (notably frogs, whip snakes, spitting cobra)...

Best,
Guillaume
Guillaume Blanchet

Hometown: Paris

Postby Tim Leerschool » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:04 pm

Guillaume Blanchet wrote:Thanks Tim! yes, a rare finding... BTW, Cantoria violacea is the rarest of all... Never seen it personally.
I have more pics of my stay there, but mostly they are common things others have already often posted (from Malaysia). If I have some free time I will try to update some good shots (notably frogs, whip snakes, spitting cobra)...

Best,
Guillaume

Would love to see it! Whip snakes are always a sight to see. Sadly missed them every time I've been to Asia... Only one DOR :cry:

Did you find Megophrys?
Tim Leerschool

Hometown: Limburg

Postby Guillaume Blanchet » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:08 am

Oh... really... At some place here they can be pretty common (A.prasina).
And no, Tim, I've never come across Megophrys... sadly...
Guillaume Blanchet

Postby Guillaume Blanchet » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:18 am

One of the prasina I found during my short stay (few hours, flight transfer) last week.
Only one that day, but I remember at some point of the year I was able to find till 5 specimens low on the vegetation, and at other time, all gone... I cannot remember exactly which season though...

A.prasina.jpg
Ahaetulla prasina in defensive display
Guillaume Blanchet

Previous

Return to Herping in the rest of the world